Friday, April 5, 2013

Anthro Craft Session



after seeing lots of in-store craft sessions at Anthropologie stores in my Instagram feed, I was so happy to finally be able to attend one myself yesterday, at the local Anthro store.

the table was nicely set, refreshments were there, and we were introduced to the store's visual merchandise team. they change the big window displays about every season, and the new theme for the window is Earth day, which is on Monday April 22nd. major guideline for this display is they have to work with reclaimed materials that are already in store. think shipping boxes, plastic wraps etc.

myself and about 7 other ladies showed up to help get this display ready. we crafted up a basket full of marigold flowers from crêpe paper and cut out some leaves for them as well. 

I really enjoyed sitting in a corner of the store, meeting lovely new people, chatting about the store and the visual part of it, and producing some sunny looking flowers together.
the display will be up in about a week or two, I will make sure to get some pictures and show them to you.

have you ever attended a similar event? I would love to hear about your experiences!

wishing you a sunny Spring weekend



9 comments:

  1. Oeh, daar zou ik graag een keertje bij zijn!
    Prachtige foto's & fijne kleuren...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely time! xo heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. no Anthropologie stores in JK!!!!
    Lovely idea!!!
    xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very jealous what a lovely way to spend time crafting - my nearest Anthropologie is in London I try to pop in when I visit my daughter x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo

    De stoffen een het service is soooo leuk om te zin.

    groetjes Conny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that honeycomb wallpaper (paint) - very cool. And the marigolds are gorgeous What a great way to bring in Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was a fun time. Cute flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow dat klinkt echt leuk zeg! Ik wou dat ze zoiets in Amsterdam hadden! Als kind wilde ik altijd etaleur worden ;)En het ziet er zonnig uit bij jullie! Ik kijk al uit naar de foto's van de etalage/ display. Fijn weekend! Lfs Wij (ps ik ga snel weer bij El eten, kunnen we weer skypen!)

    ReplyDelete

~ sweet thank you for your lovely words ~